Check out Mina's Podcast on Croud Crux!
Posted on 12 April 2016
The Proven Techniques Used to Raise $114,313 on Indiegogo
If there’s one podcast episode that you listen to, you absolutely must listen to this one. Check it out here: http://www.crowdcrux.com/the-proven-techniques-used-to-raise-114313-on-indiegogo/
I had a great conversation with Mina Yoo, a Seattle entrepreneur and mom of two, who raised $114,313 on Indiegogo and $78,755 on Kickstarter for two amazing products.
She revealed how she launched two successful crowdfunding campaigns and what she’s learned along the way.
This is a must-listen if you’d like to learn about some of the differences between Indiegogo and Kickstarter, along with it really takes to go from idea to finished product.
In this podcast episode, you’ll learn:
- How Mina made the initial prototype of her product
- Where the support came from for Mina’s project, the The Qlipter and The Qliplet.
- The breakdown of pledges vs. strangers for her campaign
- Tips to use crowdfunding to assess demand for your product
- The reason the backers pledge to a Kickstarter campaign
- Key differences between Kickstarter and Indiegogo
- Strategies to reach out to bloggers and journalists
- How to assemble a team around your venture
- A little known fact about how to connect with distribution channels
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Kickstarter campaign
- Indiegogo campaign
- Company website
- Amazon Launchpad
- Fulfillrite: Kickstarter and Indiegogo reward fulfillment services. They’ll help you ship out your rewards to your backers and customers!
- BackerKit helps crowdfunding project creators automate away the painful parts of the survey and fulfillment process. Don’t get buried in spreadsheets and manual data entry. Visit BackerKit.com to find out more and lock in a discount if you sign up for a free trial before your project campaign ends.